Name: Ashraf Latif Tadross
Date and Place of Birth: 20/1/1965 - Cairo, Egypt.
Current Occupation: Head of Astronomy Dept. National
Research Institute of Astronomy & Geophysics
- PhD. in Astronomy
- January 2001.
- DAAD' PhD Scholarship in Jena - Germany 1998 - 2000
- M. Sc. in Astronomy - January 1996.
- B.Sc. in Astronomy - May 1987.
- Head of the Astronomy Department:
October 2012 ~ to date
- Head of the Theoretical Astro & high energies Lab: November 2014 ~ August 2017
- Professor: June 2012
- Head of the Galaxy Lab: February 2009 ~ April 2013
- Associate Professor: September 2006 ~ June 2012
- Doctor: January 2001 ~ September 2006
- Assistant Lecturer: March 1996 ~ January 2001
- Demonstrator: June 1990 ~ March 1996
- Awarded the prize by the name of “Prof. Khairy
Ali” in Astronomical Science in 2005.
- Awarded the “Encouragement Country Prize” in Physics in 2009.
- Awarded a certificate of appreciation at the Second Arab Conference on Astronomy and Geophysics - October 2010.
the prize by the name of “Prof. Khairy Ali” in Astronomical Science in 2015.
Membership and scientific societies:
• Member of the International Astronomy Union IAU
of the Scientific Society of Astronomy and Space
• Member of the National Committee for Astronomy
• Member of the Syndicate of Scientific Professions
belongs to the school of the open star clusters and Galactic structure.
- Studied more than 300 stellar clusters in our Galaxy for the first time.
- Has 36 published papers with more than 313 Citations (to April 2019).
- A referee
in many journals, e.g. New Astronomy, Advances in Space Research, Journal of Advanced Research, NRIAG Journal of Astronomy and Geophysics, Journal of Basic & Applied Scientific Research
- He established a new laboratory
in Astronomy Department "Theoretical Astronomy and high energies Lab"
- He established the page of "Kottamia Observatory" on the Facebook site, to be a contact line between the department
and the public, amateurs and the media. This page describes and explains everything about the Astronomy and Space events.
He has written several books in simplifying Astronomy in Arabic:
1- To the
moon on Apollo wings...
2- Go back to the moon...
3- “Space” the unknown world...
4- Space shuttle between success and failure...
5- Stars between facts and myths...
6- Entries in the astronomical culture...
Links on international sites:
- NASA-ADS link: NASA-ADS
- Google Scholar link: Google Scholar
- SCOPUS author ID: 6602558164
- ORCID number link: 0000-0001-7090-3684
- RESEARCH Gate link: Research Gate
- Academia link: Academia
- Mendeley account: Mendeley
- Researcher ID: J-3820-2015
- Google I Google
Membership of committees:
- Member of the Leadership Committee of NRIAG.
- Member of the Scientific Publishing Committee of NRIAG.
- Member of the National Committee of Astronomy.
- Member of the Board of the Scientific
Society of Astronomy & Space in Egypt.
- Member of the Board and committee of the new Observatory.
- Head of the media Committee of NRIAG.